Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Campaign

I like Will Ferrell.  I like Zach Galifianakis.  I was thrilled to learn that they would be working together on a movie.  The Campaign lives up to expectations - and then some.  While it may appear to the untrained eye as a stupid, simplistic, crude, and vulgar depiction of American politics, it's actually... a stupid, simplistic, crude, and vulgar depiction of American politics.  It's also hilarious, and right on target.  Ferrell and Galifianakis (yes, I had to look up how to spell his name) are perfect as candidates for the U.S. Congress, with Galifianakis stealing the show as the bizarre Marty Huggins.  The film, in spite of its crudeness, was also very touching,* and very timely as well (seeing as how we are about to choose between Obama and Rmoney [sorry, I meant "Romney"] - or, as I like to call them, Barack Obama and Raging Rich Asshole).  Even if you don't like Will Ferrell, you can still enjoy this movie (even my mother, who is not a fan of the man, thought the movie was actually pretty good).  So what if it's not All the President's Men?  It doesn't need to be - it just needs to be good.  And it's damned good.

Rating: 82/100


*I'm serious (actually, I'm Brandon, but I'm also not joking).

No comments:

Post a Comment