Friday, June 15, 2012

Grease

Grease is an awesome movie.  It's one of those rare musicals that actually translates extremely well for adults (and by that, I mean that Grease is NOT a juvenile movie).  Based on an extremely raunchy stage play that became a massive hit on Broadway, Grease generally follows the path of standard musical romance movies, but actually deals with what the men in the stories really want: sex.  I know I'm being blunt here, but that's what Grease really is about: sex, sex, and sex.  With song lyrics like "you know that I ain't braggin'/she's a real pussy wagon" ("Greased Lightning"), you can't mistake it for anything else.  This is also one of the few movies that actually deals with real issues in high school (notably teen pregnancy).  Often thought of as a kiddie flick (when it really is anything but), Grease is probably my favorite musical of all time, beating out the remake of Hairspray by a wide margin (and I really liked Hairspray).

Rating: 87/100

No comments:

Post a Comment